[rspec-devel] RSpec inside JRuby

aslak hellesoy aslak.hellesoy at gmail.com
Wed May 23 09:01:42 EDT 2007

Hi all,

The fine JRuby team declared at RailsConf that they will bundle RSpec
with JRuby when it ships. That's awesome, thanks again guys.

I hope this can be the RSpec 1.0.1 version (not yet released) - it has
some minor tweaks that are needed to get all of RSpec's specs to run
on JRuby. (This is something Ola Bini and I paired on at RailsConf).
We'll release 1.0.1 if the JRuby team ask us for it.

I am currently able to run *all* of RSpec core's specs on JRuby (HEAD).

I'm asking that all RSpec developers make sure RSpec always runs
against JRuby until they ship 1.0. Here is how:

svn co http://svn.codehaus.org/jruby jruby
cd jruby/jruby
ant clean
# put JRuby's bin dir on your PATH
cd ../testsuites/rspec
mkdir target
jruby -S rake checkout_code
cd target/rspec
jruby bin/spec spec -c

I'm getting a bunch of hpricot warnings but otherwise it's 100%

 gems/hpricot-0.5.140-jruby/lib/hpricot/parse.rb:15 warning: multiple
values for a block parameter (4 for 1)

(We're only using hpricot in the html_formatter_spec.rb to verify the
HTML report)