[rspec-devel] RSpec inside JRuby

aslak hellesoy aslak.hellesoy at gmail.com
Wed May 23 09:01:42 EDT 2007

Hi all,

The fine JRuby team declared at RailsConf that they will bundle RSpec
with JRuby when it ships. That's awesome, thanks again guys.

I hope this can be the RSpec 1.0.1 version (not yet released) - it has
some minor tweaks that are needed to get all of RSpec's specs to run
on JRuby. (This is something Ola Bini and I paired on at RailsConf).
We'll release 1.0.1 if the JRuby team ask us for it.

I am currently able to run *all* of RSpec core's specs on JRuby (HEAD).

LET'S KEEP IT THAT WAY.

I'm asking that all RSpec developers make sure RSpec always runs
against JRuby until they ship 1.0. Here is how:

svn co http://svn.codehaus.org/jruby jruby
cd jruby/jruby
ant clean
ant
# put JRuby's bin dir on your PATH
cd ../testsuites/rspec
mkdir target
jruby -S rake checkout_code
cd target/rspec
jruby bin/spec spec -c

I'm getting a bunch of hpricot warnings but otherwise it's 100%

 gems/hpricot-0.5.140-jruby/lib/hpricot/parse.rb:15 warning: multiple
values for a block parameter (4 for 1)

(We're only using hpricot in the html_formatter_spec.rb to verify the
HTML report)

Cheers,
Aslak