[rspec-devel] [ rspec-Bugs-10997 ] Can't run specs without rspec plugin

noreply at rubyforge.org noreply at rubyforge.org
Mon May 21 15:31:47 EDT 2007

http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=3149&aid=10997&group_id=797

Category: rails plugin

Initial Comment:
I'm unable to run the "rake spec" command when I do not have the rspec gem installed, even if I have rspec unpacked into vendor/plugins as described in the installation instructions.

The results are:

$ rake spec
(in /Users/bhelmkamp/p/mcommons_trunk)
rake aborted!
no such file to load -- spec/rake/spectask
/Users/bhelmkamp/p/mcommons_trunk/rakefile:10

Running script/spec does work as intended, however this seems to defeat the purpose of extracting the plugin into the source tree.