[rspec-devel] [ rspec-Feature Requests-6397 ] Support headers and session variables in http requests

noreply at rubyforge.org noreply at rubyforge.org
Mon May 14 10:45:36 EDT 2007

http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=3152&aid=6397&group_id=797

Category: rails plugin

Initial Comment:
[the following is a duplicate comment from one I posted on the mailing list because rubyforge logins were down for a while...]

I'd love to see better support for specifying headers headers and session variables to the http requests - something like:

_verb_(action, parameters=nil, session_vars=nil, headers=nil)

This way we could write:
get(:index, {:id=>1}, {:user=>@user}, {:accept=>'application/...'})

Or add some syntactic sugar such as:
get(:index, {}, {}, {:format=>:js})

to simulate xml/javascript/mobile device formats.

I'll start working on this shortly unless anyone else has the time to do it easily and quickly.

Comment By: Douglas Tan (bianster)