[rspec-devel] [ rspec-Bugs-10673 ] should & gt; and should & gt; = broken

noreply at rubyforge.org noreply at rubyforge.org
Mon May 14 01:33:19 EDT 2007

http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=3149&aid=10673&group_id=797

Category: expectation module

Initial Comment:
should == still works

>Comment By: Brian Takita (btakita)
Date: 2007-05-13 22:33

Message:
The convention being proposed has two pulls.

Pros:
Predictability of syntax (be's usage here can be seen as a
special case)
Compatible with < 0.9.0 specs
Brevity (to a lesser extent)

Cons:
Not grammatically correct

There is also the question of should we support both ways.
Here lies the standard more than one way to do it vs.
minimalist interface arguments.