[rspec-devel] [ rspec-Feature Requests-9287 ] Add regular expression support to --spec switch

noreply at rubyforge.org noreply at rubyforge.org
Thu May 10 11:58:26 EDT 2007

http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=3152&aid=9287&group_id=797

Initial Comment:
Hello,
  As a means of getting around the situation described here:

http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=3149&aid=9286&group_id=797

I propose adding regular expression support to the --spec switch.  I am not big on typing, and being able to do

spec --spec ".*unique phrase.*" some_spec.rb

instead of

spec --spec "Long specification statement with a unique phrase" some_spec.rb

would be fantastic.

Additionally, you could run all specs related to a loop, by regex'ing out the unique bits of the spec description, a la

spec --spec "should have \d+ items" some_spec.rb

Thanks.  Keep up the good work!

Date: 2007-05-10 11:58

Message:
Is there any way to have a simple keyword match on these
spec names?