[rspec-devel] [ rspec-Bugs-10553 ] 'rake spec' task modifies spec files

noreply at rubyforge.org noreply at rubyforge.org
Thu May 3 08:45:57 EDT 2007

http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=3149&aid=10553&group_id=797

Category: rails plugin

Initial Comment:
Hello,

It appears as though, when I run 'rake spec' on a rails project with specs, all of the spec files are modified.  Though there is no content changed in these files, the modification date is changed.  In itself this is but an annoyance, but when working with sufficiently sophisticated editing software, it detects that a file has been modified since being opened.  Thus, I am getting error messages constantly.

I assume that there is just a bit of code that now opens the files with write access, even though it is just reading them.

I am on the HEAD of svn trunk, by the way.  Thanks.

-Chris