[rspec-devel] [ rspec-Bugs-10529 ] have_tag does not work while assert_select does

noreply at rubyforge.org noreply at rubyforge.org
Wed May 2 20:56:28 EDT 2007

http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=3149&aid=10529&group_id=797

Category: rails plugin

Initial Comment:
I cannot get the development environment setup and thus I cannot run the attached patch against SVN trunk, so if this doesn't die for anyone then I'll check my environment, but this is the exact code that is causing problems in my rails app.

Basically, I pass in the exact same options to have_tag as I do to assert_select. assert_select passes perfectly while have_tag fails.

My environment:

Ruby version                 1.8.6 (i386-mswin32)
RubyGems version             0.9.2
Rails version                1.2.0
Active Record version        1.14.4
Action Pack version          1.12.5
Action Web Service version   1.1.6
Action Mailer version        1.2.5
Active Support version       1.3.1
Edge Rails revision          6494
Application root             C:/Development/AdminPortal
Environment                  development
Database adapter             mysql

Date: 2007-05-02 20:56

Message:
I applied and committed the patch (r1892) with one minor modification:

describe "have_tag", :behaviour_type => :controller do

(This is needed in the plugin's specs because it cannot be inferred from its location)

It passes fine for me for Railses (edge r, 1.1.6, 1.2.1, 1.2.2, 1.2.3)  and Ruby 1.8.4 (about time I upgrade my Ruby, but I'm lazy)