[rspec-devel] names for setup and teardown methods

Matt Aimonetti mattaimonetti at gmail.com
Wed May 2 14:36:12 EDT 2007

Thanks for the clarification. For some reason, in my project the DB is not
cleared and that's why I had to use an after(:each) call. It might be
because my example calls a module which creates a new user instead of
creating the user directly. Nevermind, I just tried in a new project and it
works well. I don't know what's wrong.

Anyway, is it normal that the following code passes:

def create_test_user
  User.new(:first_name => 'John', :last_name => 'Doe', :email => '
john at doe.fr').save
end

describe "A user" do

  after :each do
    create_test_user
  end

  it "should be created if valid" do
    create_test_user.should be(true)
    create_test_user.should be(false)
  end

  it "should not have the same email than another user" do
   create_test_user.should be(true)

(Obviously if I replace after by before, then the example fail)

-Matt