[rspec-devel] [ rspec-Patches-11868 ] Add ability for pending to optionally hold a failing block and to fail when it passes

Bob Cotton bob.cotton at rallydev.com
Wed Jun 27 13:04:29 EDT 2007

"David Chelimsky" <dchelimsky at gmail.com> writes:

> On 6/27/07, aslak hellesoy <aslak.hellesoy at gmail.com> wrote:

>> > Nope.
>> >

>> What we usually do is to uncomment the line in html_formatter_spec.rb
>> that writes the file to disk, eyeball the diff and eyeball the html in
>> a browser to see that everything still looks good, then comment out
>> the line again.
>
> I think the question was about automating the process for all 4
> versions of ruby we're supporting. Bob had included them in the patch,
> so I imagine he already figured out how to generate them one at a
> time. Bob?

By hand. I ran the specs 4 times, one for each version. I used the
directions in spec/README.jruby for JRuby.

I had installed the 'other' version of ruby in
/usr/local/ruby-<version>, then installed rubygems into each of those
locations, and installed rake and diff-lcs into each. Seems I missed syntax.

then I ran

/usr/local/ruby-<version>/bin/ruby bin/spec spec -c

from the rspec/rspec dir for each version.

Of course I had uncommented the File.open before this.

I was looking at multiruby from ZenTest, it takes care of auto
installing multiple versions of ruby, with rubygems. That might be hacked
to do what we need.

jruby is still an odd-ball.

- Bob