[rspec-devel] integration testing/rspec/rbehave

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Sat Jun 23 16:50:35 EDT 2007

Hi all,

Dan North has released rbehave:
http://rubyforge.org/projects/rbehave/. He used rspec to describe it,
and it actually uses rspec's expectation library to express the
details. The idea is that while rspec excels at expressing object
behaviour, rbehave is targeted at story level behaviour. By using
rspec expectations for both there's very little context shifting for
developers who use both tools on the same project. The only real
difference is in how object-specific examples are structured in rspec
vs stories and scenarios in rbehave.

With that context, there is one big thing missing from our BDD/Rails
toolset, and that is pure ruby rails integration testing. I'd like to
propose that we focus on getting that support into rbehave. If any of
you are interested in contributing to this effort, please join the
rbehave-devel list (http://rubyforge.org/mail/?group_id=1475) and let
Dan know.