[rspec-devel] rspec runner for eclipse

Raymond Barlow rbarlow at raymanoz.com
Sun Jun 3 12:57:32 EDT 2007

Hi guys,

I'm looking at writing an rspec runner for eclipse like the jUnit and
ruby's TestUnit plugins. I think this would get rspec used a lot more.

To do this, I'm going to use jRuby to start a ruby script that kicks off
the rspec tests. I've written a custom BehaviourRunner that basically
substitutes the @options.report for my own version. This way I can see
when the tests are starting, stopping, passing, not passing etc. The
ruby code will call back to the Java runner and communicate with an
RSpecListener.

But, my current problem is this: How do you start an rspec test in Ruby?
i.e. not from the command line? I've been using this command line to
workout where in the ruby code to do the Java callbacks:
spec --require j_behaviour_runner.rb --runner JBehaviourRunner
bowling_spec.rb

and now I need to do this in a ruby script so that I can start it from
jRuby.

Comments?

Oh, and one last (stupid!) question--is there already an eclipse runner
out there?

Cheers!
Raymond Barlow