[rspec-devel] spec_ui wont run multiple files

aslak hellesoy aslak.hellesoy at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 17:38:27 EDT 2007

On 7/31/07, David Chelimsky <dchelimsky at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/31/07, Jake Howerton <jake.howerton at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hey Guys,
> >
> > I have been playing w/ spec_ui over the past couple of days and ran
> > into an issue where if I have multiple files that get collected by the
> > rake task, it will just hang after the first one is processed.
> >
> > Everything works fine if I only have one file in the directory or I
> > run them individually.
> >
> > Does before(:all) and after(:all) get called at each describe block?
>
> Yes.
>
> > Seems like it might be related to the browser getting killed at the
> > end of the file.  I am attempting this with safariwatir.

Not sure what you mean by "the end of the file". Can you post some
relevant code? after and before blocks and any Browser.new and
@browser.kill! related code please.

> Definitely. I moved killing the browser to at_exit in one project and
> that worked well.

That's one solution

> Aslak? How do you deal w/ this issue?

IIRC I had an issue that sounds like yours when I kill! ed the
@browser in after(:each). This destroys the "connection" to the
"browser window", but the @browser ruby object is still there, and now
if you try to use it, it's b0rked. This might be why it's hanging.

The trick is to never kill! a @browser object that you're planning to use again.

HTH,
Aslak