[rspec-devel] [ rspec-Bugs-12694 ] DrbCommandLine is very slow to start the DRb service

noreply at rubyforge.org noreply at rubyforge.org
Mon Jul 30 16:03:20 EDT 2007

http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=3149&aid=12694&group_id=797

Category: Autotest

Initial Comment:
If we explicitly put in the port when calling start_service, it becomes MUCH faster.

e.g.
DRb.start_service "druby://localhost:8990"

Date: 2007-07-30 13:03

Message:
It seems like it is an issue with creating a socket. I have
this issue with both of my Ubuntu machines, so I believe
that this has to do with the default Ubuntu configuration.

I've seen some problems relating to /etc/hosts, but I have
not figured it out yet.

Comment By: Brian Takita (btakita)
Date: 2007-07-30 10:04

Message: