[rspec-devel] [ rspec-Bugs-12603 ] Methods in controllers defined with helper_method are not available in helper tests

noreply at rubyforge.org noreply at rubyforge.org
Thu Jul 26 14:39:59 EDT 2007

http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=3149&aid=12603&group_id=797

Category: rails plugin

Initial Comment:
When you define a method in a controller and use helper_method to make it available in views and helpers, it is not made available to Rspec helper tests.

Date: 2007-07-26 18:39

Message:
Here's my instinctive reaction to this:

Helper examples are where you describe methods in your helper modules, not helper methods defined anywhere else (like in a controller). If you're defining this method in your controller, then you should be describing it in a controller example.

Based on that, I'm inclined to reject this. But I'll leave it open for the moment and await your comments on this thinking.

Thanks,