[rspec-devel] [ rspec-Feature Requests-6515 ] Couple GET and POST phases of forms

noreply at rubyforge.org noreply at rubyforge.org
Wed Jan 31 15:54:23 EST 2007

http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=3152&aid=6515&group_id=797

Category: rails plugin
Group: None

Initial Comment:
I'd love to be able to do things like this plugin does for standard Rails tests:
 http://www.jasongarber.com/articles/2006/10/24/easier-testing-of-forms-form_test_helper

In a nutshell, it finally closes the loop between "the empty form sent
by a get" and "the filled-in form returned on a post".  Instead of
blindly posting parameters, you're now actually filling in form fields
in the tests.  Works with hidden fields and everything, too.

It'd be nice to see rspec do something like that.

Date: 2007-01-31 20:54

Message:
Got one better for you - I just committed a change to rspec on rails so that you can use test/unit assertions in your rails specs. This means that form_test_helper is accessible as/is from your specs - you just need to install the plugin.

Cheers,