[rspec-devel] [ rspec-Feature Requests-6178 ] should_return

noreply at rubyforge.org noreply at rubyforge.org
Tue Jan 30 19:04:03 EST 2007

http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=3152&aid=6178&group_id=797

Initial Comment:
I'd like to add should_return as an alias for should_equal for lambdas:

lambda { expression }.should_return value

reads more intuitively than

lambda { expression }.should_equal value

Date: 2007-01-31 00:04

Message:
And now it should probably be...

lambda { expression }.should return_value(value)

Or maybe we should just kill the idea?

Date: 2006-11-08 22:46

Message:
Yes. This was initially submitted a while back. So...

lambda { expression }.should_return value

reads more intuitively than

lambda { expression }.should_eql value

or

lambda { expression }.should == value

Date: 2006-11-08 22:37

Message:
I think you mean an alias for should_eql or should ==