[rspec-devel] [ rspec-Feature Requests-8028 ] version mismatch checking too strict

noreply at rubyforge.org noreply at rubyforge.org
Sat Jan 20 13:50:53 EST 2007

http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=3152&aid=8028&group_id=797

Category: rails plugin

Initial Comment:
When building from trunk, sometimes the gem gets a version update before the rails plugin or vice-versa. Can version checking be expanded to a range check so that the plugin only rails the version check if versions of rspec that are clearly outside the acceptable range (i.e., versions that will break the rails plugin) are rejected?

I'm building from trunk and trying to be a good citizen about testing the latest and greatest, but I have three active and two dormant projects using rspec. Relaxing the requirement would save a lot of time.