[rspec-devel] [ rspec-Feature Requests-7496 ] Need a way to freeze the RSpec gem in a rails project

noreply at rubyforge.org noreply at rubyforge.org
Thu Jan 18 21:38:07 EST 2007

http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=3152&aid=7496&group_id=797

Category: rails plugin

Initial Comment:
The freeze_other_gems task doesn't work with RSpec, and my host doesn't have the RSpec gem installed.  Therefore, when I upload my application, I can't run -any- rake tasks until I delete the rspec_on_rails_plugin.  Needless to say, I can't then run my specs on the host server.

Date: 2007-01-19 02:38

Message:
You can do this by either unpacking the gem in vendor/plugins or by installing the rspec core as a plugin:

ruby script/plugin install svn://rubyforge.org/var/svn/rspec/tags/REL_0_7_5_1/rspec

The only trick is that if you don't have any rspec gem installed you'll have to use the spec command in vendor/plugins/rspec/bin/spec.

I'll leave this open until we add more explicit support for running rspec and rspec_on_rails as plugins with no gem installed, but the above info should get you functional in the mean time.