[rspec-devel] [ rspec-Bugs-7781 ] rspec will not install on RubyGems 0.9.1

noreply at rubyforge.org noreply at rubyforge.org
Thu Jan 18 21:22:49 EST 2007

http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=3149&aid=7781&group_id=797

Initial Comment:
Due to a security flaw in RubyGems, 0.9.1 and newer will no longer allow rspec to be installed:

$ gem --version # actually, the downloaded 0.9.0.10 doesn't have the patch, use SVN
0.9.0.10
$ sudo gem install rspec --version 0.7.5
ERROR:  While executing gem ... (Gem::InstallError)
    attempt to install file into "../web_spec/web_test_html_formatter.rb"

Date: 2007-01-19 02:22

Message:
This is not a problem in the trunk. You can prove that by building and installing the gem locally (after installing rubygems 0.9.1). You can do so w/ the trunk, but you can not from the 0.7.5 release.

Also, the docs were changed in trunk a while back.

Closing this back up.