[rspec-devel] [ rspec-Bugs-7591 ] When controller is missing action method, Rspec reports misleading & amp; quot; no id found& amp; quot;

noreply at rubyforge.org noreply at rubyforge.org
Thu Jan 18 14:17:26 EST 2007

http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=3149&aid=7591&group_id=797

Category: rails plugin
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Under Rspec 0.7.5 on Rails Edge (Jan 03 2007):

The following will fail (correctly) if no "my_action" method is defined upon the my_controller controller.

To error report will read "no id found" - the standard message for a method_missing failure.

However, the error report is misleading, since we're expecting the ActionController to raise an UnknownAction exception.

Snippet:
context "Some context" do
  controller_name 'my_controller'

  specify "some spec" do
    xhr :post, :my_action, :a_value => true

Date: 2007-01-18 19:17

Message:
It turns out this had to do with our rails settings on edge,
and not RSpec.  It looked to be coming from RSpec from the
stack trace but it turned out to be unrelated. Should've
commented on that, sorry.

Date: 2007-01-18 19:12

Message:
Who set this to deleted? Please indicate why it was changed.