[rspec-devel] [ rspec-Bugs-7636 ] drbspec not managing db connections appropriately

noreply at rubyforge.org noreply at rubyforge.org
Sat Jan 6 20:05:48 EST 2007

http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=3149&aid=7636&group_id=797

Category: runner module

Initial Comment:
I'm using the rails_spec_server and drbspec spec/ - the lastest versions (gem 0.7.6) - just generated from trunk yesterday. Running drbspec spec/ works as expected for about 30 runs, and then I start getting too many client errors from Postgres (gem 0.7.1).

The same thing happens with the spec:autotest plugin - but it is just running drbspec repeatedly, as well.

PGError in 'Given a generated source_report_spec.rb with fixtures loaded fixtures should load two SourceReports'
FATAL:  sorry, too many clients already
script/rails_spec_server:16:in `run'
script/rails_spec_server:37:

I don't know if this is a specific to Postgres, but I do know I've never seen Postgres raise a too many clients error before in all my Rails work.

Let me know if I can help with more information.

jchris :: mfdz : com

Date: 2007-01-07 01:05

Message:
Have you had a similar experience just running 'rake spec'?