[rspec-devel] [ rspec-Bugs-7591 ] When controller is missing action method, Rspec reports misleading "no id found"

noreply at rubyforge.org noreply at rubyforge.org
Fri Jan 5 09:09:15 EST 2007

http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=3149&aid=7591&group_id=797

Category: rails plugin

Initial Comment:
Under Rspec 0.7.5 on Rails Edge (Jan 03 2007):

The following will fail (correctly) if no "my_action" method is defined upon the my_controller controller.

To error report will read "no id found" - the standard message for a method_missing failure.

However, the error report is misleading, since we're expecting the ActionController to raise an UnknownAction exception.

Snippet:
context "Some context" do
  controller_name 'my_controller'

  specify "some spec" do