[rspec-devel] [ rspec-Bugs-8786 ] 0.8.0-RC1 rake tasks seems to behave unobvious if test database does not exist

noreply at rubyforge.org noreply at rubyforge.org
Fri Feb 23 09:15:34 EST 2007

http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=3149&aid=8786&group_id=797

Category: rails plugin

Initial Comment:
If there is no test database, rake spec just tells nothing about this:

$ rake spec
/opt/local/bin/rake:17:Warning: require_gem is obsolete.  Use gem instead.
(in /Users/yrashk/somewhere/)
rake aborted!
RSpec failures

It seems to be not a major bug, but a kind of an unobvious behavior.

Comment By: James Hughes (jpath)
Date: 2007-02-23 14:15

Message:
I can confirm this. I have the require lines for ActiveRecord commented out in my local rspec_on_rails in rails.rb. The rake task just dies when it gets to running the model tests.