[rspec-devel] JRuby + RSpec CI again

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 11:26:52 EST 2007

On Dec 6, 2007 10:08 AM, Nick Sieger <nicksieger at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12/5/07, aslak hellesoy <aslak.hellesoy at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > It's excellent if you can fire it up again. I'll try to fix any bugs
> > in the next week or so.
>
> Consider it fired up. Only 6 failures, not as bad as I thought!
>
> http://jruby.thresher.com/browse/RSPEC-TRUNK
>
> My ci_reporter utility doesn't appear to work too well w/ RSpec trunk
> (I'll have to look at that some other time), so the builds don't
> report test failures -- you'll have to go look at the build logs.
>

> > But this plan might take a while to materialise, so in the meanwhile
> > it would be great to have your Bamboo run RSpec with JRuby (and MRI if
> > it's not too much work).
> >
> > When we get our own up we can always phase out your gear.
> >

> The MRI build is also up:
>
> http://jruby.thresher.com/browse/RSPEC-MRI
>
> It currently is showing 2 failures, is that what you'd expect?

No. Should be 0 failures. Looking at
http://jruby.thresher.com/build/viewBuildLog.action?buildNumber=15&buildKey=RSPEC-MRI,
I see that the failures are related to the formatters. This is no
surprise because, due to differences  in the way different Ruby
versions print backtraces, we have "gold masters" for Rubies 1.8.4,
1.8.5, 1.8.6 and jruby.

My guess is that the most recent updates simply didn't make it to the
for whatever version of ruby you're running. So what version of Ruby
are you running?