[rspec-devel] Keeping things tidy

aslak hellesoy aslak.hellesoy at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 19:39:37 EDT 2006

On 9/27/06, aslak hellesoy <aslak.hellesoy at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> It's great to see the ARTS stuff go in. There was quite a bit of
> duplication in the code, and I have refactored away the biggest dupes.
> I have a couple of comments about our tidiness in general...
>
> 1) Every time we get apply a patch from someone, make sure they get
> the kudos they deserve on the team page (doc/src/core_team.page)
>
> 2) RSpec on Rails now has both a 'spec' and a 'specs' folder. What's
> with that? Even worse - the 'spec' foder specs weren't even being run
> as part of RSpec on Rails' pre_commit. I fixed that in the Rakefile,
> but there are still two folders. Intentional or glitch?

My bad. I overlooked the first line in bootstrap_rspec.rake, which
runs :spec, which is handled by the plugin. I have reverted my "fix".

> 3) Shouldn't http://rubyforge.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=5873&group_id=797&atid=3151
> be closed?

Let's wait till the doco is in. There is quite a bit to document.
Maybe it's time to split up the RSpec on Rails doco to several pages?

> Any objections if I do a rake release tonight? It's been a while and
> there is lots of new stuff...

I'll hold for the missing doco of the new features.

And sorry if I sounded snotty in the last mail. It wasn't intentional
:-) All the new stuff is good stuff.

Aslak