[rspec-devel] ARTS on RSpec on Rails

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Sun Sep 24 10:05:16 EDT 2006

On 9/24/06, Jake Howerton <jake.howerton at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi David,
>

> On 9/22/06, David Chelimsky <dchelimsky at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hey Jake - why don't you go ahead and submit this at rubyforge:
> >

> I have submitted a new patch at rubyforge
>
> http://rubyforge.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=5873&group_id=797&atid=3151

Great. Thanks.

> There was one change (adding require 'arts' to spec_helper.rb)...
>
> RE: your comment on my blog.
>
> I played around with the style you suggested
> response.rjs.should_replace_html  'mydiv'; but that was when my head
> started to spin in should_helper.rb.... :)
>
> If you are willing to poke around the way that I did it and maybe the
> original ARTS code also... the main trouble spot I was bumping into is
> that ARTS doesnt have a method for every single RJS effect....  so
> for something like should_show, there is no show method to delegate
> to.

I am most willing. I looked at it briefly and believe that I see the
path. I may not have much time this week, but I most certainly will
the following week.

I really want to get this support in, but I really don't want to add
it without it feeling more like rspec.

Thanks again Jake.
David