[rspec-devel] ARTS on RSpec on Rails

Jake Howerton jake.howerton at gmail.com
Fri Sep 22 17:57:00 EDT 2006

Hello Everyone..

Over the past day or so I hacked Kevin Clark's
ARTS(http://glu.ttono.us/articles/2006/09/15/arts-0-5-released) RJS
testing library into RSpec.

You can now do things like

specify "replace_html in 'mydiv'" do
  response.rjs.should :replace_html, 'mydiv'
end

And anything else you can do with ARTS(hopefully) ... I have not
tested everything in it, and have only been testing it by creating
specs for an existing application and running them through it, so if
you need this please bang away on it and let me know if it works or
doesnt.

Also, the magic should_helper.rb in RSpec was making my head spin, so
I danced around it in some spots.  If this is really ugly I apologize,
but for now it works.

Attached are diff's for 0.6.3 plugin and trunk plugin...   I also
noticed there was a change with how things get loaded in 0.6.3 vs the
way it was in 0.6.0 (init.rb)... how are things for the rails plugin
loaded now and do I need to add anything to get the new lib/arts.rb
file loaded?

Also I check http://geekonomics.blogspot.com/2006/09/arts-on-rspec-on-rails.html
for longer example/updates if I have any.

Cheers

Jake Howerton