[Rspec-devel] RSpec and autotest

aslak hellesoy aslak.hellesoy at gmail.com
Wed Sep 13 17:39:52 EDT 2006

On 9/13/06, Nick Sieger <nicksieger at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi RSpec'ers,
>
> I cobbled this [1] together yesterday.  Does this seem appropriate to add to
> RSpec on Rails?  It could probably use a little polishing too, so please try
> it out and let me know.

I haven't had time to try it yet - just glossed over the code. I'm
interested in adding this to RSpec on Rails.

I haven't really used autotest, but from what I know it runs your
tests/specs in the background while you're hacking away right?

I'll try it out next week (too busy till Sunday) and let you know
more. My main concern is that anything we add to RSpec should have a
regular maintainer and avoid the risk of things stopping to work when
autotest/rails/rspec changes. We'd need a regular maintainer (you?) of
this stuff.

Cheers,
Aslak