[Rspec-devel] separation of components

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Tue Sep 5 09:18:14 EDT 2006

On 9/5/06, Jim Weirich <jim.weirich at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9/4/06, David Chelimsky <dchelimsky at gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
> > This would free us up to:
> > - incorporate other mock frameworks
> I've been thinking about adapting FlexMock to work with RSpec (as well as
> Test::Unit).  Is there any interest in this?  I think the FlexMock interface
> is already pretty similar to what you are currently using.

Definitely. We've actually been talking internally about providing
adapters for Flexmock and Mocha. That way the integration is seamless,
and we're in control of the integration points (therefore free to
change them). Once we've proved out the integration concept, it would
be a simple matter for anyone else who wishes to plug in a different
framework to do so by providing their own adapters.

Do you have any thoughts about this?