[Rspec-devel] Inspecting deprecated structures in EdgeRails

Jay Levitt lists-rspec at shopwatch.org
Mon Sep 4 18:55:19 EDT 2006

I don't entirely understand how inspect_for_expectation_not_met_error
works in should_base.rb, but with Edge Rails I'm now getting things like:

@params is deprecated! Call params.inspect instead of @params.inspect.
Args: [] (inspect_for_expectation_not_met_error at
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rspec-0.6.2/lib/spec/api/helper/should_base.rb:10)

when I use response.should_be_redirect.  In the process of doing its
inspection, it's looking at things like response. at params, which in this
one instance is perfectly normal to look at...

There's an ActiveSupport::Deprecation::silence method that takes a
block.  Should the rails helper override should_base and wrap it in silence?

Jay Levitt