[Rspec-devel] Using rspec with rails plugins, engines, etc.

Jay Levitt lists-rspec at shopwatch.org
Sat Sep 2 22:43:36 EDT 2006

Daniel Siemssen wrote:
> As you see conventions haven't changed. But now all classes that are
> loaded automatically can be reloaded and not only those that descend
> from a class that includes the Reloadable module.
> Take a look at activesupport/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb if you
> want to know more and please correct me if I'm wrong.

One note: due to some recent changes in trunk, you'll need to set

config.load_once_paths = []

in environment.rb to get a plugin to reload.  And that probably breaks a
bunch of other plugins.  Still, it's semi-useful for plugin development.
  Sadly, there's no way to put that into test.rb - it has to be in