[rspec-devel] Test2Spec's usefulness

aslak hellesoy aslak.hellesoy at gmail.com
Sun Oct 15 09:20:47 EDT 2006

On 10/15/06, David Lee <david at davelee.com.au> wrote:
> Hi Aslak,
>
> I had Parsetree 1.5 installed; probably that was my blocker issue.
> Thanks.
>
> Maybe what's really needed here is a documentation update: the
> version dependency is not mentioned on http://rspec.rubyforge.org/
> tools/test2spec.html ; i followed the docs there and just got a
> 'could not convert' or similar error for each file attempted.
>
> Also, if test2spec will require RSpec 0.6.4 that should probably be
> noted on the docs site.

When I removed test2spec from svn I also removed the documentation for
it (the website is in svn as well). Unless I bring the doco back, the
test2spec doco will be gone online after the next release of RSpec.

Maybe we should resurrect the pages and add a big warning that it's a
discontinued tool that's only available in previous releases.

WDYT?

Aslak