[rspec-devel] dogfood time?

aslak hellesoy aslak.hellesoy at gmail.com
Tue Oct 10 21:27:05 EDT 2006

A while ago I brought up the idea of making RSpec self-hosting. I.e.
completely ditch RSpec's own Test::Unit tests and use RSpec to verify
itself during the build process.

One of the counter arguments that came up (I think it was Dave) was
"what if we have bugs that get masked".

I think that at this point RSpec core is mature enough to make it
worth the risk. I think the risk of having masked bugs is minimal - I
think we'd discover it quickly if it happened.

What do you think? Is it time to trust our own tool and eat our own dogfood?
(We'd check in the test2spec generated translations, reformat them and
delete the Test::Unit tests plus test2spec)

Aslak