[rspec-devel] [ rspec-Bugs-6057 ] strange test output on windows

noreply at rubyforge.org noreply at rubyforge.org
Sat Oct 7 17:36:15 EDT 2006

http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=3149&aid=6057&group_id=797

Initial Comment:
on my windows box, when I run a spec, it incorrectly reports the number of specifications. Here's the output from stack_spec.rb in the tutorial (this is all from just running the spec once - it looks as though it's being run multiple times..?):

C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe /c ruby stack_spec.rb -f s

A new stack
- should be empty

Finished in 0.0 seconds

1 specification, 0 failures

A new stack
- should be empty

An empty stack
- should not be empty after 'push'

Finished in 0.0 seconds

3 specifications, 0 failures

A new stack
- should be empty

An empty stack
- should not be empty after 'push'

A stack with one item
- should return top when you send it 'top'

Finished in 0.0 seconds

6 specifications, 0 failures
Hit any key to close this window...

I didn't change the source code at all from what's available in the tutorial. I also wrote my own very simple class and spec and found the same bug.