[rspec-devel] [ rspec-Bugs-5932 ] rspec_on_rails tied to gem

noreply at rubyforge.org noreply at rubyforge.org
Wed Oct 4 14:51:32 EDT 2006

http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=3149&aid=5932&group_id=797

Initial Comment:
This is mostly for the dev team.

stand in the root and do the following:

cd vendor/rspec_on_rails
rake pre_commit
gem uninstall rspec (sudo if necessary, remove all versions)
rake pre_commit

What's happening is that pre_commit is bound to the spec command that is installed with the gem. With the gem uninstalled, these don't run. This means that whenever we're developing rspec_on_rails, we're developing against the last version of the gem we installed on our systems, not the current source.

I'm just guessing, but I think that is bad!

Date: 2006-10-04 14:51

Message:
Fixed! Added local rspec lib to LOAD_PATH in bootstrap_rspec.rb