[rspec-devel] [ rspec-Bugs-6895 ] should_render :action doesn't seem to work

noreply at rubyforge.org noreply at rubyforge.org
Sun Nov 26 18:53:05 EST 2006

http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=3149&aid=6895&group_id=797

Category: rails plugin
Group: None

Initial Comment:
0.7.3, edge rails, if I do

  specify "should show the form" do
    controller.should_render :action => "new"
  end

Then I get {:action=>"new"} should == {:template=>"people/new"}.  Doing should_render :template => "people/new" works fine.

Date: 2006-11-26 16:53

Message:
I don't like that.  The current setup is to spec controllers
separately from views.  As such, we should specify that the
request renders the result of a particular action, rather
than a specific template.  The template belongs to the view
spec.

Date: 2006-11-26 16:49

Message:
That's how this is supposed to work. This is really a documentation issue.

The only time you would use :action is if you were redirecting to another action. Otherwise you should use :template => ...

I've added a documentation request for this:

http://rubyforge.org/tracker/index.php?group_id=797&atid=9738

Comment By: Pat Maddox (pergesu)
Date: 2006-11-26 16:44

Message: