[rspec-devel] [ rspec-Feature Requests-6898 ] Can we separate rspec from the plugins?

noreply at rubyforge.org noreply at rubyforge.org
Sun Nov 26 18:49:57 EST 2006

http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=3152&aid=6898&group_id=797

Initial Comment:
I'm trying to use rspec to do my rails development, and a while ago I had found a way to be able to use edge rspec and the plugin.  Today I svn uped and to my surprise, the rspec code (not the plugin) ended up downloading three different versions of Rails.

Is there any way we can separate the rspec code base from the plugins?  If I download trunk, I just want it to be rspec itself...the Rails stuff shouldn't be under it.  If I'm in a Rails project, I can install the rspec libs as a plugin, and the Rails plugin separately.  Some of you may have seen my article a couple weeks ago about doing that (site is no longer up, sorry).

Basically now it's a real pain to try to use edge rspec inside a Rails project.  However that's the best way to make updates both to rspec itself and the plugin.  If you could make it so they're separated more cleanly, I'd happily bang out Rails related bugs and RFEs as I work on my own Rails apps.