[rspec-devel] Splitting up the APIs

Wilson Bilkovich wilsonb at gmail.com
Sun Nov 26 10:41:31 EST 2006

On 11/25/06, David Chelimsky <dchelimsky at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11/25/06, Jay <jay at jayfields.com> wrote:
> > You can (and probably should) unpack a particular gem locally in your
> > project.  At that point, the API wont change at all. This doesn't
> > solve your problems when you need a new version of the gem, but if
> > the gem already does everything you need then it might help.
> > Jay
> That is sound advice. It gives you much more control over when you
> absorb changes.

So you would recommend unpacking the rspec gem as well as the
rspec_on_rails plugin?  The dependency between the two is what has
been giving me headaches.

I don't mind adjusting to API changes as long as they are 'going
somewhere'.  I'm just worried that we're in (buzzword of the year)
bikeshed territory.