[rspec-devel] [ rspec-Bugs-6884 ] intermittent errors related to method binding

noreply at rubyforge.org noreply at rubyforge.org
Sat Nov 25 17:31:29 EST 2006

http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=3149&aid=6884&group_id=797

Category: rails plugin
Group: None

Initial Comment:
>From this email:

http://rubyforge.org/pipermail/rspec-users/2006-November/000239.html

.. and similar.

There have been some reports of errors like this:

undefined method `render?' for #<ActionController::TestResponse: 0x28886c4>

I *think* that I have traced it to a bug in Rails' Proc#bind. It uses the current time to name methods which get bound and unbound. I believe this could be creating some conflict in which two methods get named the same and the wrong method gets unbound.

I've submitted patch 6703 to Rails, and will include the fix for this in RSpec until such time as it is accepted (if it is).

Date: 2006-11-25 22:31

Message:
Fixed in trunk (rev 1150)