[rspec-devel] Rspec Brown Bag

Brian Takita brian.takita at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 05:19:28 EST 2006

On 11/21/06, aslak hellesoy <aslak.hellesoy at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 11/21/06, Brian Takita <brian.takita at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm scheduled to give a rspec brown bag this Wednesday (11/22) for my
> > company (Pivotal Computer Systems, http://www.pivotalsf.com). I did see
> Dave
> > Astel's talk as well as several of my coworkers.
> > The developers at my workplace are experienced Agile developers.
> >
> > What would be some good things to focus on for this brown bag?
> > Are there slides to presentations that would be useful?
> > Any resistance/skepticism, and how to best address these concerns?
> >

> I have had success with an explanation of the TDD journey as described
> here:
> http://www.behaviour-driven.org/TDDAdoptionProfile
>
> I usually present it with takahashi-style slides
> (http://tinyurl.com/o6psh) with the following words (one on each
> slide):
> * tests
> * confidence
> * before
> * documentation
> * discovery
> * behaviour
> * mocking

This looks good. I think I'll start with this and then move to the demo.
Dan North's ATM example is a juicy example for using rspec to drive domain
concepts. The specdocs will come in handy here.
Then I'll do a short rspec on rails demo showing the model, control, view,
and helper specs.

Which should leave plenty of time for discussion and further examples. I'll
also invite discussion during the "presentation".

Everyone, thanks for your help.

Brian