[rspec-devel] [ rspec-Patches-6798 ] ensure two ':' in the first backtrace line for Emacs's 'next-error' command

noreply at rubyforge.org noreply at rubyforge.org
Tue Nov 21 02:55:12 EST 2006

http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=3151&aid=6798&group_id=797

Category: runner module

Initial Comment:
I'm running RSpec on Emacs's compilation mode.

In compilation mode, we can jump to next error by C-x `. And compilation mode recognize error location by the following format:

  PATH:LINE_NO:[OPTIONAL_MESSAGE]

RSpec output backtrace like the following format:

  PATH:LINE_NO[: OPTIONAL_MESSAGE]

We can jump to an error location when there is ':' after LINE_NO but RSpec doesn't output ':' after LINE_NO anytime.

Could you output ':' after LINE_NO to use C-x `? But I think RSpec doesn't need to output the ':' anytime. RSpec needs to output the ':' only when the first line in backtrace. Because we are interested in the location where the error is occurred but aren't interested in other location in backtrace.