[rspec-devel] [ rspec-Bugs-6717 ] controller.should_render :partial not working

noreply at rubyforge.org noreply at rubyforge.org
Sun Nov 19 20:11:50 EST 2006

http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=3149&aid=6717&group_id=797

Category: rails plugin
Group: None

Initial Comment:
controller.should_render :partial => "view_widgets/_text_widget"

Fails even when the controller does indeed render the partial.

Date: 2006-11-20 01:11

Message:
OK - I looked into this and there were some other problems with this. It now works correctly in integration or isolation mode, however you have to use "view_widgets/text_widget", not "view_widgets/_text_widget".

Fixed in trunk (rev 1125)

Date: 2006-11-16 23:09

Message:
It should work without the underscore:

controller.should_render :partial => "view_widgets/text_widget"

I think that's how test/unit does it and how you code it in the controller.

Do you think it's the wrong behavior? If so, what would be the right behavior?