[rspec-devel] [ rspec-Bugs-6627 ] SHOWSTOPPER: ".should !=" is broken

noreply at rubyforge.org noreply at rubyforge.org
Sat Nov 11 17:26:00 EST 2006

http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=3149&aid=6627&group_id=797

>Category: expectation module
Group: None

Initial Comment:
".should ==" works, but ".should !=" apparently does not.  This is a show-stopper for me.  I've got like 300 failing specs as a result.

Date: 2006-11-11 22:26

Message:
http://rspec.rubyforge.org/documentation/expectations.html

You should use .should_not ==

Unfortunately, this is a problem with the way that Ruby negates expressions. There is no way (that we found) that we are able to get a handle on the !. If you, or anyone reading this, can tackle this, we'd be glad to consider a patch.

Sorry for the trouble. I'll update the upgrade page to make this more obvious.