[rspec-devel] [ rspec-Feature Requests-6568 ] Support alternate output formats when running rails tests

noreply at rubyforge.org noreply at rubyforge.org
Wed Nov 8 11:59:59 EST 2006

http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=3152&aid=6568&group_id=797

Category: rails plugin

Initial Comment:
The default output format (using dots) isn't particular helpful when running as part of a continuous integration process. The most useful seems to be specdoc however there doesn't seem to be a way to enable it's use when running rake spec.

Comment By: Chad Humphries (spicycode)
Date: 2006-11-08 11:59

Message:
I created a basic rake task we use as our default (run as specdoc, with color enabled, and call db:test:prepare prior to the run).  It's listed below.

require 'spec/rake/spectask'

desc "Run all specifications and report the results in spec:doc format"
Spec::Rake::SpecTask.new('yournamehere:spec:doc' => 'db:test:prepare') do |t|
  t.spec_files = FileList[
    'spec/models/**/*_spec.rb',
    'spec/controllers/**/*_spec.rb',
    'spec/helpers/**/*_spec.rb',