[rspec-devel] Running specs with TextMate bundle

aslak hellesoy aslak.hellesoy at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 09:07:15 EST 2006

On 11/8/06, aslak hellesoy <aslak.hellesoy at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11/8/06, Brandon Keepers <bkeepers at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Nov 8, 2006, at 4:12 AM, Luke Redpath wrote:
> >
> > > Its working for me on 0.7 - are sure it isn't a problem with your
> > > specs and the new release (there are some compatibility issues). Have
> > > you tried running your specs manually?
> >
> > Yes, I've gone through and they are all passing from the command line.
> >

> Could it be that you have two rubies installed and that TM is picking
> up a different one than your shell?
>
> That seems to be the case with me.

I have an old ruby (1.8.2) in /usr/bin/ruby that came with OS X.
I also have ruby 1.8.4 in /usr/local/bin/ruby (built myself)

I have a ~/.bash_login that puts /usr/local/bin early in the path, so
in my everyday coding, I get 1.8.4.

However, it seems that shebang commands (the RSpec.tmbundle commands
and the spec script) *do not* get the PATH set in ~/.bash_login. This
is explained here:
http://macromates.com/textmate/manual/shell_commands#search_path

It looks like I have to edit my ~/.MacOSX/environment.plist in order
to fix my PATH so shebang commands can pick up my 1.8.4 ruby. I don't
want to do that, nor do I want others to do it.

Any thoughts about how this can be solved?

Aslak