[rspec-devel] Running specs with TextMate bundle

aslak hellesoy aslak.hellesoy at gmail.com
Tue Nov 7 10:30:13 EST 2006

On 11/7/06, Luke Redpath <luke at agileevolved.com> wrote:
> I've just committed a large refactoring of the bundle commands into a
> reasonably specced Ruby module in the bundle Support folder (spec_mate.rb),
> and extracted the commands into some command objects too. Does this work for
> you? If not, are the error messages any more useful?

I like the way it's organised now, with its own specs. However, I'd
prefer to use a different approach for the plugin itself.

A couple of days ago (right before 0.7.0) I did some refactorings to
RSpec's HTML formatter. It used to output really ugly HTML - it's much
better now.

I'd like the RSpec.tmbundle to run specs with the HTML formatter. In
fact, with a subclass of the HTML formatter that only differes in that
it creates links for the stacktrace (txmt://open?url=file://....

This means there is no need to parse RSpec's output and generate HTML
- it's taken care of by RSpec core's HTML formatter!

I have the code locally on my machine. I'll create a patch for you so
you can try it out.

Would you be willing to move the RSpec.tmbundle to RSpec's svn? I
think it would be easier to maintain and distribute from there.