[rspec-devel] script/generate rspec issue on trunk (rev 1021)

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 07:53:34 EST 2006

On 11/3/06, aslak hellesoy <aslak.hellesoy at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11/3/06, George Anderson <george at benevolentcode.com> wrote:
> > I just updated to rev. 1021, built and installed the gem, and updated the
> > plugin to rev. 1021.  When I  ran "script/generate rspec"  I got:
> >
> > Missing RspecGenerator class in
> > script/../config/../vendor/plugins/rspec/generators/rspec/rspec_generator.rb
> >
> > Then in rspec_generator.rb, I changed:
> >
> >     class RSpecGenerator < Rails::Generator::Base

> >     class RspecGenerator < Rails::Generator::Base
> >
> > (note the differing capitalization of "spec")
> >
> > After that, "script/generate rspec" ran as expected.
> >

> Thanks. Fixed on trunk. It was a recent regression caused by cleaning
> up the spelling of RSpec and a little too much got cleaned up.

That was I! Bummer. I wasn't sure if changing the class names from
RspecBlah to RSpecBlah would work or not so I changed a couple and
specs passed so I figured I was home free and changed them all.

Thanks to George, the newest exploratory tester on our team!

And thanks to Aslak for the quick turnaround!

Cheers,
David