[Rspec-devel] Failure messages - customize per "should"assertion

itsme213 itsme213 at hotmail.com
Sun May 28 21:26:21 EDT 2006

Hi Keith,

> In my experimental javascript adaptation of rspec I included the ability
> to construct and dissect contexts. I particularly like the ability to
> use a context up to a specified point. I think it may improve clarity
> and reduce repeated code but I have not had any feedback on this as yet
> so I would be interested to hear what you think.

I like your ability to relate contexts (have not yet looked at your version
of specs). I'm not as sure about the pros/cons of pointing at arbitrary
named points within a context. Does it let you do things that you could not
do with finer-grained related contexts e.g. "instantiated" and "one item
pushed"? Is it a lot more convenient with named points in one setup function
compared to separate contexts?

Cheers ...