[Rspec-devel] -s not working

aslak hellesoy aslak.hellesoy at gmail.com
Mon May 15 19:06:11 EDT 2006

just got back from holiday and decided to try out the new -s option
(without looking at how it's implemented):

The --help option gives very little info - I decided to try:

ruby examples/bdd_framework_spec.rb -s 'should be adopted quickly'
0 contexts, 0 specifications, 0 failures

This should have resulted in an error message saying something like
"couldn't find spec"

Then I took a really wild guess:

ruby examples/bdd_framework_spec.rb -s 'BDD framework should be adopted quickly'
1 context, 1 specification, 0 failures

I wouldn't expect the average user to grok that. Further, the website
doco doesn't document this feature at all.