[Rspec-devel] Adaptation of rpsec

Keith Hodges Keith.Hodges at warwick.ac.uk
Fri May 12 09:45:38 EDT 2006

> We had some discussion of supporting hierarchies in rspec and more or
> less agreed not to for the time being for that very reason.

Dear David,

I have had a look at your tutorial for the first time and I am beginning
to get your point about hierarchies. My code was written months ago in
response to David Astels Agile Toolkit interview, which might explain
why I seem to have misinterpreted the way that "context" is actually
used in rspec.

I realised that it was not hierarchy of specifications that I wanted,
since this results in wasting time and effort on checking the brackets
so to speak. What I really wanted was the ability to construct my
"contexts", and my example demonstrates this.

I have updated js_spec and the code is somewhat simpler too.

http://www.warwick.ac.uk/staff/Keith.Hodges/js_spec/js_spec_0.9b/example.html
the code etc is available at:
http://www.warwick.ac.uk/staff/Keith.Hodges/js_spec/js_spec_0.9b

as ever feedback is welcomed